Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Art Bears

From: Doug Alan <nessus@mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 24 May 90 14:12:52 EDT
Subject: Art Bears
Sender: nessus@gaffa.MIT.EDU

> I also found a copy of the Art Bear's _Winter Songs_ for $1.00.  I
> like it, it's kind of early/mid King Crimson meet punk.  Anyone have
> the lyrics?  Oh BTW who sings for them and what else is out there by
> them.

The Art Bears contained Chris Cutler and Fred Frith of Henry Cow fame.
Both are incredible musicians.  There is another Art Bears album, *The
World As It Is Today*.  This is a review of it I wrote several years
back:

Art Bears -- "The World As It Is Today"
        If you like to dream of slimy creatures trailing mucous covered
        tentacles in dank, dark dungeons, where only slight glimpses of
        far-away yellowed light reflect off of puddles of oily stagnant
        water, while the sound of hungry rodents and insects scurrying
        forever only slightly out of sight gnaws constantly in the back
        of your mind and the moans of tortured rotting captives who are
        chained in an eternal existencial state of static decay gnaws
        away your frontal lobes....  then this album is for YOU!

"my hands went on working,
 the work huried by,
 my life like a desert
 I, empty inside"