Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: _TSW_ pressings

From: "Ken." <krb20699@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu>
Date: Thu, 24 May 90 01:09:31 -0500
Subject: Re: _TSW_ pressings

>Really-From: Rampant Red Food-U-Later <jsd@gaffa.MIT.EDU>
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
     WHAT!?  ;-)

.....snip.....
>should wake up and get some production values into her mixes.  I'm
>beginning to agree with the guy who wrote that TSW turns your stereo
>into a glazed donut.

     I can agree with that on most of the songs on _TSW_.  But I nearly blew
my dorm-mate's speakers in a valiant attempt to deafen my fellow collegiates
with _Rocket's Tail_.  The sound quality (or lack thereof) shows through in
the beginning, but boy the second half is a blast.  Almost literally.
     I sincerily hope that Kate figures out that digital is better for her
listeners even though it's more expensive.  I always thought that _The
Dreaming_ was a great recording.

>They're all acceptable.  The Kick Inside is about what you'd expect
>for the time: pretty horrid.  This is the domestic I'm talking about
.....snip.....

     Interestingly, _TSW_ seems to be worse than _TKI_.  That's gotta be some
kind of engineering sin.  They're eleven years apart!!!  Better than my old
2-bit tape player I used a few months ago... ;-)

>+---------------------- Is there any ESCAPE from NOISE? --------------------+
>|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu | ZIK ZAK - We make everything you need,|
>| \|on |/rukman | jsd@umass.bitnet  | and you need everything we make.      |

							Ken.
						   ken-b@uiuc.edu

PS- Anyone interested in a pool to guess the release date of Kate's next
      album?  I say 1994.  A great year according to Nostradamus.  8-I