Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

I press Execute

From: gb10@gte.com (Gregory Bossert)
Date: Wed, 9 May 90 00:18:00 -0400
Subject: I press Execute

Whoops, me again.  I knew I was going to ask something...

Please forgive me if I'm dregging up old topics, but in the few
months I've been following the adventures of the Love-Hounds, I've
seen very little mention of KT's studio, or indeed the whole technical/
production end of her genius.  IM-not-always-so-HO, Ms. Bush is one of
the best producers around; along with Del, Paul Hardiman, Kevin Killen,
Hayden Bendall, Brian Tench, et al. she has created not just astounding
music but almost perfect recordings of that music.  This is all the more
worth noting in the viciously sexist music business, where women are allowed
to sing, maybe write songs, but good lord keep 'em away from all that
technical stuff.  SO, that said, a couple of questions:

	Are there any recent articles on KT's studio, etc.  I just dug
out the Keyboard interview, and that's way back in '85!

	Anyone know if she's got a personal computer?  I've got a strong
personal interest in this;  I was one of the principal designers of one
of the leading MID sequencer programs for the Mac (Mark of the Unicorn's
Performer -- actually, I just designed the version 3 revision).  I know
Macintoshes are still relatively rare in the UK.  On the flip side, Jane
Siberry, Laurie Anderson, Wendy Carlos, Clannad + Enya, er -- let's see,
oh, Martha and the Muffins (?!), etc use Performer, and I had this idea
that maybe Kate would, you know, buy it and need some help from an expert
and... Hem, well.  I really ask because Fairlight, the Australian
manufacturers of Kate's main ax, went out of business and support for the
Fairlight machines has become flaky.  Admittedly, Fairlight has revived
in the last few months, but they are moving out of the keyboard/sequencing
market into the trendy post-production/audio-for-video market.

Does anyone have Performer/MIDI File sequences of any of KT's songs?
I've got a pretty atrocious "Wuthering Heights" (you shudda heard the
tape we made!).  I'd be happy to trade sequences (I've got some Depeche
Mode songs I'm pretty happy with...)

Two Disclaimers:  I no longer work at Mark of the Unicorn, so don't
blame me if you got problems with them...

Sorry for the misspellings, it's late. ("I did not eat, I did not sleep")

Footah!
-greg "Share and Enjoy"