Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Sheila Chandra

From: gb10@gte.com (Gregory Bossert)
Date: Tue, 8 May 90 23:42:16 -0400
Subject: Sheila Chandra

locke@pdn.paradyne.com (Richard Locke) asks:
(Re Vickie's playlist)
> Do you know if [Escher's Triangle] is released in the US?
> I've been trying to find some Chandra/Monsoon for a  reasonable price
> for a long time.  In fact the only think I've even found for sale
>  was a CD copy of "Third Eye" for $24, which is hard to me to shell out...

I bought _Third Eye_ and three Sheila Chandra solo CDs at Tower Records
and Newbury Comics in Boston/Cambridge;  all of them were around $18.
IMHO _Third Eye_ is worth the $24 -- it's a remarkable album.

The three solo Chandra albums are on Indipop, distributed by MNW Records
(address PO Box 71, S-185 00 Vaxholm, Sweden) (!!!????)

	_Out on my Own_, #SCHCD 1
	_Quiet_, #SCHCD 2
	_The Struggle_, (hey, lucky guess!) #SCHCD 3

The CDs include all the tracks of four albums (the above titles plus
_Nada Brahma_) plus some singles and remixes... a good deal.  None of
the solo albums quite hit the peak of the Monsoon album, but they are
all worth the price of admission.  Interestingly, just about everyone
from the Monsoon album appears on the other three, the one exception
being engineer/coproducer Hugh Jones.

Footah!
-greg "Sorry for the inconvenience"