Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Trio Bulgarka question

From: Cynthia Loiselle <LOISELLE@cs.umass.EDU>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 90 02:02 EST
Subject: Re: Trio Bulgarka question

Dan Rodriguez asks:
> Anyone in LoveHoundLand know if there are any Trio Bulgarka releases?

Yes.  There's a record/CD called _The Forest Is Crying_ by the Trio
Bulgarka.

You also might want to check out:

    Le Mystere des Voix Bulgares - volume I  (Nonesuch 9 79165-2)
       by the Bulgarian State Radio and Television Female Vocal Choir
       (the Trio are soloists with this Choir)
    Le Mystere des Voix Bulgares - volume II (Nonesuch 9 79201-2)
       includes songs by various groups, but mostly the aforementioned
       choir
    Balkana  (Hannibal HNCD 1335)
       Again, various groups, much more diversity than Mystere-II, includes
       instrumental dance numbers, but includes the Trio, or members, on
       about half the tracks.

> I've heard they actually tour so I would suspect they would, but I'm
> really not sure....

I don't know about the Trio, but the <impossibly-long-name> Choir is
currently touring the US.  Although I seem to remember someone mentioning
that not all the members of the Trio Bulgarka are with them.  Still
recommended, however!

Cindy (loiselle@cs.umass.edu)