Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Laurie Anderson Clips on VH-1

From: kyrlidis@athena.mit.edu (Agathagelos Kyrlidis)
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 90 02:59:10 GMT
Subject: Laurie Anderson Clips on VH-1
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@athena.mit.edu (News system)

>Note for Laurie Anderson fans:  VH-1 has been showing a lot
>of short clips of Laurie lately.  They give the name of the
>album as _Strange Animals_.  Is this for real, or has VH-1
>made a tremendous error?

>Ed Suranyi
>ed@das.llnl.gov

I was also puzzled about this, but I found the answer in the Laurie Anderson
concert I went to on March 31st in Boston.

These clips are parts of the monologue that Laurie uses to introduce some songs
or are just part of her show. Having heard at least 4 of those monologues, I
was extremely bored at those parts of the show. I could say that if it wasn't
for the excellent performance of the title song "Strange Angels" from her
latest album the concert would have been a terrible disappointment for me.

And for all you Sinead O Connor fans. Watch out for her shows... The ones in
Boston sold out without getting any promo from the press. Whoever was listening
to the radio got tickets. The rest of us can pray for additional shows.

If any of you have any concert dates please post them here or e-mail them
to the Sinead mailing list at: jitr@presto.ig.com

Thanks

Angelos

kyrlidis@athena.mit.edu