Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

VH-1 stats and info

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 90 18:00:41 PDT
Subject: VH-1 stats and info

I was curious to see exactly what "Five Star Rotation" means on
VH-1, so I used my handy-dandy VCR and fast-forward button to
determine the following:

Between 4:00 am and 4:00 pm PST "This Woman's Work" was played
four times, i.e. about once every three hours.

There are nine videos currently in "Five Star Rotation" (_Billboard_
says eight; this is one of several errors in _BB_'s lists).  From
12:00 noon to 4:00 pm a 5* video was played once every 20 minutes,
on average.  Note that this agrees with the frequency of four times
in twelve hours for any one particular 5* video.

Note for Jane Siberry fans:  According to _BB_, VH-1 has added
the video for "Life Is A Red Wagon".  However, I didn't see it
in all my viewing.  In fact, I haven't seen any of the videos
which _BB_ says VH-1 has just added.  I suspect this is _BB_'s
error, like when they said VH-1 added "The Sensual World" several
weeks before it was actually added.  But in any case this new
Jane video probably will start showing up on VH-1 sometime.

Note for Laurie Anderson fans:  VH-1 has been showing a lot
of short clips of Laurie lately.  They give the name of the
album as _Strange Animals_.  Is this for real, or has VH-1
made a tremendous error?

Ed Suranyi
ed@das.llnl.gov