Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

MisK

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 90 16:31:49 PDT
Subject: MisK

In the new issue of _Boston Rock_ (No. 101), there's an item
about "Boston Rock's Top Tens for the 1980s".  A couple of
people mention Kate, most notably Michael Bloom.  He says:

"Rather than try to pick the ten best records of the decade,
I wanted to salute the people that made it happen."
[. . .]
"KATE BUSH:  Her offer, in 'Running Up That Hill,' to trade
sensoriums with her lover is the ultimate answer to sexism.
Plus, it's one of the most erotic things I've ever heard."

The April issue of _Pulse!_ magazine (which, for those of you
who don't know, is the in-store magazine of Tower Records)
has a long music trivia quiz.  Kate is mentioned!  Here's question
one in the Music Video category:

"What actor costars with Kate Bush in her 'Cloudbursting' [sic!]
video?"

The answer should be well-known to all long-term Love-Hounds.  If
enough people don't know, I'll post the answer in a few days.

Last night, I saw the Bulgarian State Radio and Television Female
Vocal Choir, aka _Le Mystere Des Voix Bulgares_.  We sat in the
second row, near the center.  It was incredible!  I advise Kate
fans to see them if possible.  Unfortunately, only one member
of the Trio Bulgarka came on this tour:  Stoyanka Boneva.  And
she didn't solo on anything.

Ed
ed@das.llnl.gov