Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Egg on my face (was Re: Sinful Music)

From: emx.utexas.edu!ut-emx!slh@cs.utexas.edu (Susan L. Cecelia Harwood)
Date: 31 Mar 90 19:02:08 GMT
Subject: Egg on my face (was Re: Sinful Music)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I was going to just keep quiet and hope it would be okay, that maybe
it could be forgotten in a day or so.  Unfortunately, this is getting
too embarrassing not to reply.  Okay, okay!  So, I read it at work and
responded really quickly, before I thought too hard about it!  Would
it make everybody feel better if I said that, once I read it through
again, I knew it was a joke, and that I didn't see the giveaway
(tipper@fib.ica.com) until *after* I posted?  Did you also know that
my picture would be next to the word "gullible" in the dictionary,
but, because the word isn't in the dictionary, neither is my picture?

Sheesh.  Be a little trusting, and you'll never forget it.

BTW, Chris, good joke.  As we all know, it fooled *someone.* :-)

Now can we argue about gaffer's tape?

--

 The whims that we're weeping for our parents would be beaten for. --Kate Bush