Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

New reader's inquiries

From: torok@grasp.cis.upenn.edu (David Torok)
Date: 26 Mar 90 20:06:30 GMT
Subject: New reader's inquiries
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@operations.dccs.upenn.edu

Hello! I have just finished listening to the tapes "The Sensual World",
"The Dreaming", "The Kick Inside", and "Lionheart" which I borrowed from a
friend.  I am really hooked on the music (have not analyzed the lyrics just
yet) and have some questions about this newsgroup (please excuse the obvious
ignorance).  Thanks in advance for all replies!

----

What is "gaffa"?  I heard about this newsgroup after asking a friend what was
discussed in "rec.music.gaffa".  But what does it mean? I see that there is a
song on The Dreaming called "Suspended in Gaffa".

----

I certainly agree from first listening that Kate Bush deserves her own newsgroup
for discussion.  I've also seen postings re: Peter Gabrial and Sinead.  Who is
included in "gaffa" whatever that is? is there a loose or strict definition?

----

Is there a culture or personality linked to liking/following KB's music and
actions? e.g. Deadhead and Jimmy Buffet's Parrotheads each have distinctive
cultures.

----

Why the spelling of Kate's first name as "KaTe"?  Any significance?

----

Could someone mail me a discography?

----

All other info, notes, or other suggestions as to expand my enjoyment of Kate's
music is appreciated.  Will she be touring in Philadelphia or NYC in the near
future?

Thanks very much once again for replies and tolerance of this posing!

		Dave Torok
		University of Pennsylvania
		torok@grasp.cis.upenn.edu