Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: What _shall_ we do?

From: jim%BILPIN.UUCP@mitvma.mit.edu
Date: Sat Mar 24 14:45:35 GMT 1990
Subject: Re: What _shall_ we do?
Sender: jim%uucp.bilpin%DOC.IMPERIAL.AC.UK@mitvma.mit.edu

    #$v_gaffa.10
    IN ARTICLE: <9003220730.AA15279@world.std.com>,
	katefans@world.std.COM (Chris'n'Vickie of Kansas City) WRITES:

>   HEY!! WHAT'S GOING ON??
>   Gaffa's about ready to die here and there's been no talk at all???
>
>   [...]
>
>             DOESN'T ANYBODY CARE??????

    Yup. But perhaps they're not so excitable - and perhaps they use e-mail?
    :-) I hadn't posted anything earlier, as it seemed to me eminently
    obvious that the only way to maintain the availability of
    rec.music.gaffa *WORLDWIDE* was for it to be transmogrified into a
    common-or-garden, everyday, hot tea and buttered scones, unmoderated
    USENET newsgroup (unless someone were to assume DA's responsibilities).

    IN ARTICLE: <9003221946.AA06859@gaffa.MIT.EDU>,
	nessus@MIT.EDU (Doug Alan) WRITES:

>   [...]
>   Furthermore, at least half of the serious contributors to Love-Hounds
>   only receive the digest and do not have access to UseNet.
>   Furthermore, it's the gatewaying between the mailing list and newsgroup
>   that is the hardest thing to maintain, and if I was going to cancel
>   one of them, it would be the newsgroup -- not the mailing list.
>   [...]

    So if we're not in that petite coterie, we are to be denied all of the
    informative, educational, entertaining, and infuriating aspects of
    r.m.g.? I rely entirely on the USENET for gaffa, and, as I print out all
    the Kate related postings and mail them to Homeground each month, so do
    they (that's why Love-Hounds now gets a credit in the news section of
    each issue). I would appreciate it if we could be advised on what's
    happening to the group as soon as the new arrangements are confirmed.
    Also, if the USENET link is being dropped, information on subscribing to
    the mailing list - or is that restricted to the USA? (Where does Kate
    come from again? - I've forgotten.)

--
    Another Fine Product from <mcvax!ukc!icdoc!bilpin!jim> <jim@bilpin.uucp>
			   $JimG : Hatfield, England