Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Two questions...

From: jsd@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (Pig Mask Surprise)
Date: 24 Mar 90 17:28:37 GMT
Subject: Re: Two questions...
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: daemon@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU

In article <39482@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu> jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Jeffrey C. Burka) writes:
>First off:  On "Waking the Witch," who 'plays' the inquistor?  I don't
>have my liner notes to check (a friend ARGH! lost 'em), but I seem to
>remember that KaTe was the only one listed for vocals; is that
>her voice after bunches of processing, or is it Paddy, or what??

That's our dear Katey there.  I ran the passage in question through my
pitch transposing software and you can hear her unmistakeable speaking
voice there - she's sort of shout/whispering it, if you can figure out
what THAT means.  It's clearly quite a feat of processing though.

+---------------------- Is there any ESCAPE from NOISE? ---------------------+
|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu | ZIK ZAK - We make everything you need, |
| \|on |/rukman | jsd@umass.bitnet  | and you need everything we make.       |