Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Should I start with _The Whole Story_?

From: <ames!ames!claris!portal!cup.portal.com!Henry_Burdett_Messenger@uunet.UU.NET>
Date: Fri, 16-Mar-90 11:56:46 PST
Subject: Should I start with _The Whole Story_?

    I can't recommend _The Whole Story_ in any way.

    The sound quality of the older tracks leaves much to be desired. I
    don't know where they got the master tapes for _TWS_ but I sure
    wouldn't store my offsite backups there.

    I bought _TWS_ early on, and I thought "Ho hum, fairly interesting..."
    Then I bought my own copy of _The Dreaming_ and _Never for Ever_ and
    the same songs took my breath away; the difference in quality was
    that noticeable.
                                 - hbm
henry_burdett_messenger@cup.portal.com