Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Submission for rec-music-gaffa

From: E Welsh <ecwu59@castle.ed.ac.uk>
Date: 24 Mar 90 16:18:06 GMT
Subject: Re: Submission for rec-music-gaffa
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Source-Info: From (or Sender) name not authenticated.

In article <9003232043.AA11861@rutgers.edu> root@IUVAX.CS.INDIANA.EDU (Boss Tweed) writes:
>Secondly:  I was in a friend's room and Iron Maiden's album _Somewhere In
>Time_ was lying out.  'Though I have no interest in metal, I was staring
>at the cover illustration, and noticed, on the front, on a store window,
>a bright red ___ drawn in.  Is there any added signifcance to this, or
>              |/   did the artist just throw it in?  Thoughts, opinions,
>              |\     and what not welcome.

I'm a bit of a Maiden fan myself and although I can't check this at the
moment since my copy of the record is at home here's my theory...
You may have mistaken the 'signature' of Derek Riggs, who does their
artwork, for a KT symbol since they look very similar. I think you will
find this on probably all of their album covers.
Sorry to disappoint...
|  __                | evan@tardis.ed.ac.uk   |Are you selling your  |
| |_     \    /      | ecwu59@castle.ed.ac.uk |soul to a cold gun ?  |
| |__VAN  \/\/ELSH   | ecwu86@ercvax.ed.ac.uk |       Kate Bush.     |