Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

What Shall We Do, Indeed?

From: MTARR@EAGLE.WESLEYAN.EDU
Date: 22-MAR-1990 15:59:05.03
Subject: What Shall We Do, Indeed?

From: mtarr@eagle.wesleyan.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Date: 22 Mar 90 15:58:41 GMT

Hello once again...

Gee- you go home for ten days and when you come back an entire newsgroup is
discussing things like ENDING!!!  Vickie's right- all you have to do is POST,
but the message still gets mailed somewhere, GAFFA-POST@EDDIE.MIT.EDU, I think.
If losing a moderator is going to affect this at all, something needs to be
done.  I'd volunteer, but I'm leaving the country in August.

I picked up "Aspects of TSW" yesterday, and it was definitely worth the $6.35.
"Ken" is great, but the other new stuff will have to grow on me, I guess.  Hey-
I hated _The Dreaming_ the first time I heard it, and now it's one of my
favorite albums of all time, so there's hope.  "I'm Still Waiting" sounds like
something that would be right at home on Top-40 radio, but I've only listened
to it once so far, so I'm probably off-base.

Regarding the latest "Tiefer" question (now that we've finally agreed on the
grammar and spelling): I hear "Tiefer, Tiefer, wurde es in den Tiefer, gibt es
ein Licht", which is why I raised the question in the first place.  Actually, I
also hear "irgendwo in den Tiefer" now I know that's what it is, and since
that makes sense and is grammatically correct (but if anybody tells me that "r"
shouldn't be attached to the "in den Tiefe(r)", I'll scream- I don't have my
dictionary with me, okay?), I vote for it as the correct line.

Incidentally, has anybody else been trying to figure out what KT mumbles at
the end of "Love and Anger"?  I watched the video about eighteen times in rapid
succession, and I still couldn't get what she's saying.  If anybody knows
anybody who would ever have the opportunity to interview KT, tell them that
should be the first question they ask!  (Then they can ask exactly what that
German line is.)

That list of "sinful music" HAS to be a joke.  Tipper Gore wouldn't know a
computer keyboard if it jumped out and screamed obscenities at her.

|Meredith Tarr			   "Looking for a moment that'll never happen |
|mtarr@eagle.wesleyan.edu           Living in the gap between past and future"|
|Wesleyan University                                                   -KT    |