Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Submission for rec-music-gaffa

From: Boss Tweed <root@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu>
Date: 15 Mar 90 19:58:04 GMT
Subject: Submission for rec-music-gaffa
Responding-System: iuvax.cs.indiana.edu

From: jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Jeffrey C. Burka)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: Uh oh, this may be the start of something...
Date: 15 Mar 90 19:58:03 GMT
Sender: root@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu

Vicki, don't sweat it...  No flames from me; I couldn't have said it
any better.

_Lionheart_ was something of a disapointment for me; it was my 4th KaTe
album, and it was the first one that I didn't want to play over and over
again.  It's still my least favorite album (despite some songs I love)

TSW was much the same when I got it...right when it was released in the
States.  I took it home, extraordinarily excited, popped it in the CD
player...and my face fell.  "Oh.  This is what Kate's doing now.  I see."
But, a few of the tracks hit me right off...Deeper Understanding and
TWW in particular.  Because of those songs, I realized there was something
I was missing, so I kept listening to the album.  Finally, it started
to hit me--The Fog, Rocket's Tail, and Never Be Mine began to display
all of the Kate Bush-ness that I had missed.

TSW is a complex album that deserves a lot of openminded listening.  It's
well worth the effort.

|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "On the outskirts of nowhere           |
|jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu   |  on the ringroad to somewhere,         |
|jburka@amber.ucs.indiana.edu    |  on the verge of indecision..." --Fish |