Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Me'n'KITS

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 90 18:25:08 PST
Subject: Me'n'KITS

As I mentioned in a previous posting, KITS is highlighting the
"women of modern rock" this weekend in honor of Women's History
Week (or Month, I'm not sure which).  So I figured . . . well,
I don't need to tell you folks what I figured.

I called up the DJ Rob Francis yesterday, since I know that he likes
Kate, and I said, "How 'bout playing 'Running Up That Hill'?"  I chose
that song because I thought that that's one they'd be likely to
play.

He said, "Kate Bush?  Gee, I'm sorry, but I've got my schedule locked
in for the next hour and I'm going to be playing 'Hounds of Love'."

"That's fine, that's fine!"

He asked me my name and where I was calling from.  After I told him, he
said, "Great, now I can embarrass you on the air!"

He did.  He said, "As everyone knows, Livermore is the fourth coolest
place in the Bay Area.  It's especially cool because Ed Suranyi lives
there, and he said, 'How about some Kate Bush,' seeing as we're
featuring the women of modern rock.  So here goes."

Ed
ed@das.llnl.gov