Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

under ice - got me into kate

From: koeppel@porthos.rutgers.edu (jessica)
Date: 9 Mar 90 19:35:58 GMT
Subject: under ice - got me into kate
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Well, Im one of the two who said "under ice"

I was in a van with a freind, Cameron, waiting for another friend,
Brett. Cameron said "Oh look, Brett has this tape with him, you'll
like this" He stuck it in and fast forwarded for a bit, hit play,
and it was in the middle of "under ice". "Oh, not that one!", he said,
and fast forwarded some more to "waking the witch". Then he
rewinded some and played "mother stands for comfort". Meanwhile,
I kept saying "nono go back to that one you had on first, what was
that? I want to hear that one..". and he'd say "nono listen to this
one, or this one.. " and i didn't get to hear "under ice" again
'cause then Brett got there. Happily, Cameron remembered me wanting
to hear the other song, so he bought me "hounds of love" for my
birthday, which was the next weekend, and I immediately played it
and listend for that song - i had had the little bit of
it i'd heard in my head all week, i wanted so badly to hear the rest!
and i didnt know what song it was, i had to listen through to it,
but, that was a _very_ pleasurable experience so i didn't mind :)
and i loved it all, was quite hooked. But it was because of "under ice"
and wanting so badly to hear that song again, that I got into Kate.

			jessica

|  Oh WOW! thought I'd be outta here by now.        --Concrete Blonde         |