Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

You've got to laugh

From: nbc%INF.RL.AC.UK@mitvma.mit.edu
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 90 18:30:19 BST
Subject: You've got to laugh

|>oug, Jeffrey C. Burka, Jon |>rukman, woj all cast doubts on my
sanity (everyone knows there aint no Sanita Klaus).
With all these heavy-weights against me I feel like Frank Bruno
up against Tyson. Still we all know it was big Frank's only punch
of the fight that really softened up Tyson for Buster Douglas! But
being such a nice guy Frank couldn't actually go and beat Mike. Us
Brits are real softies at heart so I will refrain from showing the
above the error of their ways - I will just wait until Kate spills
the beans.

>From: C'mon Cancer <jsd@GAFFA.MIT.EDU>
>however, his brain seems to have cracked from the strain

Better than strained from the crack! Just say no :-0

>I don't know if they don't have ellipses (those three periods in a
>row) over in England, or if they mean something different,

Yeah, sure we have them. Why just the other week we had an ellipse
of the moon. (It's the way I tell 'em! Why are those men in white
coats looking at me in that strange way?)

Some chap in England.
--
Neil Calton                            UUCP:   ..!mcsun!ukc!rlinf!nbc
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory,        NSFNET: