Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Wrong NOTE

From: John M. Relph <relph@presto.ig.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 1990 9:36:39 PST
Subject: Re: Wrong NOTE

How Gren Is My Toupee <jsd@GAFFA.MIT.EDU> writes this about new vocal
"Wuthering Heights":
>thus for me the song is merely a piece of music, and I infinitely
>prefer the new one because it is a vastly superior production job.
>Those drums go BOOM!

And that is in fact exactly the quality of the new recording that I
dislike the most.  BOOM.  Yeah, Kate, add some reverb, and Wow! it must
be a better song.  Wrong-o.  I find the re-mix too cluttered.  Much of
Kate's other music is very dense -- there's a lot going on -- but "WH"
is just cluttered with sonic leftovers.  I definitely prefer the
original mix.  Oh yeah, and I like the original vocal as well.

	-- John