Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: SHE's A GENIUS -- *** AGAIN *** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From: Match Meaty Tickle <jsd@GAFFA.MIT.EDU>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 90 11:02:48 -0500
Subject: Re: SHE's A GENIUS -- *** AGAIN *** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <1990Mar3.203957.26658@eddie.mit.edu> henrik@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Larry DeLuca) writes:
>I didn't want to skip to the end, so I listened to the whole thing -
>and then, after that "Yeah!".  "<pause>...<LAUGH!!!!!>"
>
>And it's not on the 7"!!!! (Which ends with the "Yeah!").
>
>Now, they credit the 7" as having the mix that appears on _The Sensual World_,
>and the 12" as "...original version available on ... _The Sensual World_",
>so, in some sense, that would seem to indicate that the original intent
>was that the laugh belongs either A) with "The Fog", or B) just as a
>bit of banding between songs, but ...

See, I am VINDICATED!  I just KNEW it, deep down inside.  And now you
people have NO EXCUSE not to believe me, ever again.  Because I was
right.  All along.  Despite silly photos in silly KBC newsletters.
Hey guys, it says on an OFFICIAL EMI KATE RELEASE that putting the
laugh on the end makes it NOT THE ORIGINAL VERSION!  Suck on THIS,
planet of noise bimbo!

>You gotta hand it to her for exploiting the collective weenieness extant!!!

Well, she is God, right?  (I'm reserving my judgement until I get to
hear those extra tracks.  I hope the CD single materializes stateside
before the end of the week...)

|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu |      Fear the Government that           |
| \|on |/rukman | jsd@umass.bitnet  |      fears your computer.               |