Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Icelandic & N European group

From: munnari!ditmela.cng.dit.CSIRO.au!Brian.May@uunet.UU.NET (Brian May)
Date: 27 Feb 90 05:32:04 GMT
Subject: Icelandic & N European group
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa, aus.music

Hi, I wandered into 'missing link' here in Melbourne today & copped
sight of an LP from a new icelandic group called 'Ham'. After listening
to the 1st track I decided it was definitely not my type of music.

A cross between Mudhoney/Tad/My bloody valentine & gorillas on heat!

A better new group was one called 'risaedlan'.  I haven't a clue
where they are from, but their style is similar to the new Sugarcubes LP,
& the only pressing they have is a 4 track 12" with no title (or english
writing).  I was going to buy it, but then the price - $A18! - no thanks,
not at that price!

Anyone else know any more?

brian
--
|Brian May, DIT, CSIRO, | OSI Research Program                        |
|55 Barry st, Carlton,  | (TEL) +61 3 347 8644   (FAX) +61 3 347 8987 |