Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate Songs in SMUS format

From: jsd@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (Tipple Cutlass Precipice)
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 90 12:37:18 -0500
Subject: Re: Kate Songs in SMUS format
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <2275.AA2275@radlein> ray@radlein.UUCP (Ray Radlein) writes:
>So how about it? Some of you GIF-makers out there have as much as owned up
>to posessing Amigas; do any of you have DMCS? And while we're out there,
>have any of you captured Kate samples in, say, 8SVX or IFF format? Any help
>would be greatly appreciated.

I have no idea what 8SVX format is, and I can't do IFF, but I do have
a sampling cartridge for my Atari ST which does 8-bit samples.  I
think the files are nothing but strings of values between 0 and 255.
If anyone, for some bizarre reason, is dying to have a Kate sample (I
suppose you could use Gribnif's NEWBELL program and have a Kate shriek
replace your system beep if you wer so inclined), drop me a line and
we'll see what we can do.

The musical applications of Kate samples should be obvious to anyone
who ordered the fantabulous KATE-RAPE cassette from me.  And if you
missed out on this one-time offer, tough luck, I'm bloody sick of
sitting around making dubs so the offer is CLOSED.  Unless you really
want it, of course.  Send mail.

Special note to those who sent tapes and haven't got them back yet --
it's probably because you requested custom material and I can't find
my funky little cable that makes all those things sound nice.  Soon, I
promise.

|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu |      Fear the Government that           |
| \|on |/rukman | jsd@umass.bitnet  |      fears your computer.               |