Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KT lyrics question

From: emx.utexas.edu!ut-emx!slh@cs.utexas.edu (Susan L. Cecelia Harwood)
Date: 24 Feb 90 22:40:19 GMT
Subject: KT lyrics question
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I have a question for all you die-hard Love-Hounds, the ones that have
been at this longer than I (a year come 17 March, hurray!).  I'm
trying to get a complete collection of Kate Bush's lyrics, recorded
and not (or bootlegged, as the case may be...).  I have the lyrics
from the lyric server, and I've gone through them, using the sheets
from the album, to render them with the punctuation, etc. that was
released as the "official" thing.  However, the change of "worst move"
to "worse move" in "Babooshka" on the _Never for Ever_ sheet made me
pause.  So, here's my question.  Barring writing to Kent and having
Kate edit all my findings, how can I get the most accurate rendering
possible of her lyrics?  Also, I'm interested in lyrics from the
*poetic* point of view, not how to make the most accurate collection
of what appears on the recordings.  Does that make sense?  Hope so.

Thanks in advance...

--

The whims that we are weeping for our parents would be beaten for. --Kate Bush