Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Sinead O'Conner and Midnight Oil

From: Kevin Michael Bernatz <kb32+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 90 16:12:20 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Sinead O'Conner and Midnight Oil

    O.K., so I screwed up on the post scripts, but that was the least of
my mistakes.  In that last post I forgot to mention that Sinead O'Conner
and Midnight Oil had new albums out.  I believe that Sinead's is called
"I Don't Want What I Don't Have" or something like that.  As for
Midnight Oil's new album, I can't remember the name right now, maybe
I'll stick it in a post script :-).
    I was wondering if any of you KT fans happened to have already
purchased either, or both, of these albums so you could run by a
preliminary review.  Hopefully, I'll be able to purchase at least
Sinead's within the next couple weeks and give it a rundown (assuming I
get over my current cash-flow problem, or should I say cash-out-flow).
Anyways, I feel Sinead O'Conner has a voice that is near the degree of
Kate's, but that is my own opinion.  Midnigth Oil is another good band,
with a lot of socially conscious lyrics.

					Azhran, Lord of Darkness

P.S.  Just so you Tanith Lee fans don't have to write, I know Azhran is
actually the Lord of Night, but         lets face it, Lord of Darkness
sounds a hell of a lot better.

P.P.S.  I just had to try it. :-)

"As she came through she hit us all with that smile, like the
Mona Lisa with a machine gun, turning slowly."
	- Roger Zelazny, Amber series