Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Annotations

From: Jorn Barger <barger@aristotle.ils.nwu.edu>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 90 08:53:14 CST
Subject: Annotations

Thanks to all for the annotations-advice!

I spent an hour the other evening thumbing thru "In Search of the Miraculous"
to see if I could find the particular instance of Ouspensky having a feeling
"G" was on his way, and couldn't-- though there are some wonderfully strange
phenomena, especially a series of telepathic conversations between them.

James Smith (<9002182334.6094@munnari.oz.au>) says
> G refers to Dave Gilmour.  cf album cover
but I only see "Dave G" on Lionheart, not TKI.  And I thought I remembered
reading that Kate and Dave never really saw that much of each other...

Doug says <9002220344.aa15110@gaffa.mit.edu>
> Why would anyone think that "The Man With the Child in his Eyes" is
> about masturbation?
I don't remember where I picked this up, but in the context of Wow and Kashka
and Infant Kiss and Kick Inside, I think it's fair game to look for
masturbation references-- and they're certainly read-in-able here:
"oh I'm so worried about my love/ They say 'No no it won't last forever'"?

Forgive me if I'm vulgar, but in the interest of objectivity, ladies, does the
line "..when I turn the light off/ and turn over" fit the picture?

Certainly it's a fantasy-lover (at least in some lines), and the line
"a man I've never known before" doesn't fit very well with the father theory.

I always took the title-image to refer to men who still retain some innocence.

--jorn

"America is a country, not a condiment" Ken Tamer, last night