Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Man with the Child in His Eyes (was Re: Om mani padme hum)

From: emx.utexas.edu!ut-emx!slh@cs.utexas.edu (Susan L. Cecelia Harwood)
Date: 23 Feb 90 02:47:40 GMT
Subject: The Man with the Child in His Eyes (was Re: Om mani padme hum)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9002220344.AA15110@GAFFA.MIT.EDU> Doug Alan <nessus@athena.mit.edu> writes:
>Why would anyone think that "The Man With the Child in his Eyes" is
>about masturbation?  Kate once said it's about how women look for
>their fathers in their lovers.

Oh, wow!  That's really cool!  So, I wonder if it's the man with the
child in his eyes, as in a child-like man, or the man with the child
in his eyes, like the child being the daughter.  Hmmm.  This song is dear
to me because the first verse perfectly describes the first love of my
life, while the second verse does the same for my second love.

Heavy sigh...

--

The whims that we are weeping for our parents would be beaten for. --Kate Bush