Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate's Desert Island Videos and Other Tidbits Too

From: Kevin Michael Bernatz <kb32+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 90 10:08:03 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Kate's Desert Island Videos and Other Tidbits Too

K. Bernatz (kb32@andrew.cmu.edu)

 Interesting post, if I do say so myself.  I was quite surprised by a
few of her selections, but I can believe she would like "fairy stories",
since she is perhaps the prime fairy.  As I said earlier, a very
interesting piece.

  I noticed in some of the early postings, which unfortuneatly I have
not been able to fully keep up on, (Ah, the joys of being an
undergraduate. ), that "Pictures of Matchstick Men" was brought up.  I
have the Camper Van Beethoven CD, and they are one of the better new
groups that I have heard.  I don't know exactly how "new" they are, but
I heard that PMM was their first album???   Does anyone know for sure?

  Finally, I'll answer Chris's question of his Feb 19 posting "Question
for the Day", by saying that it would be better if she quit smoking so
her lungs will last a little longer.  That way we might get another
album out of her in, hopefully, a considerably shorter period of time.
As for her gaining weight, I don't buy her albums to get excited over
her cover picture, if I wanted that I would buy Madonna or Samantha Fox.
 (No offence to any and all Madonna and Samantha Fox fans out there). [
:-) ].

						Azhran, Lord of Darkness

"As she came through she hit us all with that smile, like the
Mona Lisa with a machine gun, turning slowly."
	- Roger Zelazny, Amber series

P.S.  If the formatting is all screwed up, you can thank this motherless
computer system that I'm working on.  Well here goes nothing.