Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Calling all influence-peddlers ...

From: gordon!henrik@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Larry DeLuca @ The Sensual World)
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 90 12:47:51 EST
Subject: Calling all influence-peddlers ...
Posted-Date: Tue, 20 Feb 90 12:47:51 EST

[Yow!  This is the first time I've used a network to network! - Ed.]

Well, it seems that with the recording of a new album project in the works,
a joint recording effort with someone else, and possibly a third project
in the offing (not to mention whatever other trash accumulates), the time
to review the possibility of starting an independent record label has
come again.  After all, I have to do all the legwork to promote my own
stuff anyway, so what the hell, eh?

What I'm looking for from all you lovelies is:

	* Friends who are DJ's (esp. at alternative and college radio
		stations - in particular we have a shortage of West
		Coast contacts - the Bay Area and LA would be real
		nice).

	* Your favorite local record shops who would be interested in
		dealing with small, independent labels directly (if you
		have friends there, so much the better).

	* Friends who are into community TV (it looks like we may have
		a couple of videos to go with single releases - it
		would be great to have some venue for these if we can
		find one).

	* People you know who do any of the following (it's always good
		to have a list of people to call on):

		* Graphic Design
		* Session Playing
		* Record/CD Mastering
		* Tape Duplication/CD-Record Pressing
		* Distribution

As things progress further, we'll keep you posted.

					larry...