Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Yet another KT gif

From: Kevin J Martin <sigma@pawl.rpi.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 90 02:18:11 EST
Subject: Yet another KT gif

I have uploaded TWS-HIRES.GIF to /pub/kb at clutx.clarkson.edu, and to
/incoming at xanth.cs.odu.edu.  It's a 640x480x256 rendition of the cover
of The Whole Story, converted from the 1152x900x2 Sun rasterfile in
/images at xanth.cs.odu.edu.  I used a procedure similar to the following:

fbsample -F -n8 -g1 < kb | fbnorm | fbext -F -w640 -h480 | gray2clr | \
  fbcat -G > kb.gif

...and then used PICLAB on my IBM-PC...

gload kb.gif
unmap
smooth
gsave kb2.gif

...to get what I think are pretty respectable results, and just right for
my VGAPlus combo.  I also tried converting the 932x900x256 scan of The
Sensual World, but any reductions seem to really screw up the shading on
her left cheek.  I may end up doing some clipping instead.

Credits and thanks to the FBM author(s), and the PicLab people.

Kevin Martin
sigma@pawl.rpi.edu