Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Comic Strips, Laugh Lines, and Tour Dates

From: MTARR@EAGLE.WESLEYAN.EDU
Date: 18-FEB-1990 19:58:00.44
Subject: Comic Strips, Laugh Lines, and Tour Dates

From: mtarr@eagle.wesleyan.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Date: 18 Feb 90 19:57:26 GMT

I've been trying to post things all week, but simply everything has bounced.
So, here we go again...

First of all, I WANT TO SEE COMIC STRIP!!! I want to see KT act, especially
after she said in the VH-1 interview that she's "never wanted to be an
actress".  Are those three new songs going to be released in the US as well as
in the UK and all those other lucky places where KT fans can sate their ravenous
appetites?  Can anyone get a hold of a tape of the Comic Strip episodes in
question?

Secondly, I'm rather bummed that the version of L&A on the TSW videotape edited
out KT's little fit in the middle.  That was one of my favorite parts of the
video: I throw fits all the time, and it's nice to know that she can do it too.

Thirdly, I think she really is trying to hide her age in those shots, but she
shouldn't.  Sure, she's getting older, but not even she can do anything about
it.  I think she's looking more distinguished, definitely more British (sorry
to generalize here, but she does).  So what if she's getting lines?  My Oil of
Olay years aren't too far off, either, and her lines are happy ones, so who
cares?  Respect is respect, and in my view the KT fans who truly love her will
let their utter respect for her overshadow anything that happens to her body.
I loved her for her voice long before I even knew what she looked like- if
she loses her looks she'll still have her voice, and if she loses her voice
(God forbid), she'll still have that incredible intelligence and outstanding
songwriting talent, and I'll love her anyway.

Fourth(ly), just an idle question: anyone out there lucky enough to have seen
her on tour ten years ago?  I've only seen excerpts of the Hammersmith video
and heard a Hammersmith picture-disc.  What was it reallylike?  I know I'll
never see her in person as long as I live, so I'd like a notion of what I
missed when I was too young, didn't know who the hell she was, and was on the
wrong continent anyway.  (Actually, if she's as adamant aboutnot touring as she
was about not acting, there may be hope for us yet!)

Hoping fervently that this one doesn't bounce too...

Meredith Tarr                   "Paradise is just like where you are right now,
Wesleyan University              only much, much, better!"
VAX HEAVEN!!!                                                 -Laurie Anderson