Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

A&M strikes again...

From: woj <woiccare@clutx.clarkson.edu>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 90 09:54:49 EST
Subject: A&M strikes again...

Looks like A&M is finally coming around. I think they finally learned
something when they released The Innocence Mission, cos they've just
released (at least promotionally) a disc by the female pianist Wendy
MaHarry. I'm sitting here listening to it and enjoying it very much.

The style is pop mostly, but good pop -- a mixture of her piano, assorted
horns and strings plus the usual drums and bass. Her voice is very nice,
a breathy kind of spoken singing (not Laurie Anderson's singsong, but real
singing that sounds like she could be talking it) that's very soft.

Look for this one kids! I just checked the release date and CMJ lists it
as 13 Feb, so go find it!

woj