Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KT NEWS--NOT TO BE MISSED!

From: kudla@pawl.rpi.edu (Robert J. Kudla)
Date: 5 Feb 90 15:39:05 GMT
Subject: Re: KT NEWS--NOT TO BE MISSED!
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In <1990Jan29.195239.3540@sun.soe.clarkson.edu> franceee@CLUTX.CLARKSON.EDU (Eric France,,,") writes:

-> Our cable company hooked up (and I started watching) MTV in 1981,
-> when they were still playing their entire library on a daily basis.
-> Being only 13, I watched it quite heavily....  I saw a lot of
-> classics (the video for _Voices_ by Russ Ballard springs to mind,
-> as well as that favorite, _Two_Triple_Cheese_ by Commander Cody),

Voices was a great tune and a great video, but I don't remember Two
Triple Cheese. Then again, I don't suppose many people remember
"Double Dutch Bus" or "Wot" either. :)

-> but I don't recall *ever* seeing a KT video before L&A.

Hmm. Maybe I was glued to the set more than most in late '85, but they
played the stupid version of RUTH quite often, and I saw the Donald
Sutherland video for Cloudbusting a few times, and I saw the Big Sky
once (I remember that, because one of my friends told me she was
smashed when she made that song or video, I forget which, and it was a
very rich-looking video for the time).

Speaking of Cloudbusting, ummm.... I remember someone telling me she
was working on a longform version of that video. Did anything ever
come of it, or do I have that confused with the ill-fated Ninth Wave
video project? (Wow, would that have changed my middle adolescence.)

--
Robert Jude Kudla  <kudla@pawl.rpi.edu>

                 We foolish and happily hold on to sanity.