Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KT's extensive history with MTV (cough cough)

From: kudla@pawl.rpi.edu (Robert J. Kudla)
Date: 5 Feb 90 15:43:41 GMT
Subject: Re: KT's extensive history with MTV (cough cough)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In <oZlpoRi00WE54D6lZI@andrew.cmu.edu> ds68+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU (David Mark Svoboda) writes:

-> Bout 2 weeks ago I turned on MTV to see them advertising new bands
-> playing, 2 of which were KT and Depeche Mode. its just incredible how
-> low they've sunk.

Yeah. And Camper van Beethoven, and Tears for Fears (!). The worst
part is that the Camper video they show a snatch of is their
(wonderful) cover of Pictures of Matchstick Men. Ah well... One man's
new music is another man's classic rock, I guess. When they start
playing Mike Oldfield videos I'll be impressed, but for now I guess I
get to simper to see KT's Funniest Video and New Bands Pretending
they're Old Hat.
--
Robert Jude Kudla  <kudla@pawl.rpi.edu>

                 We foolish and happily hold on to sanity.