Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Vickie's playlist #99

From: katefans@world.std.com (Chris'n'Vickie of Kansas City)
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 90 03:36:36 EST
Subject: Vickie's playlist #99

Vickie here. Here's last night's show. Not all the artists are ones
I saw on the net. Most of them are though. The show developed into
a theme (that happens a lot, I start putting the show together and
it comes alive and takes over) of death, destruction, murder, suicide,
gloom, doom and fun stuff like that directly inspired by that cheery bunch
over in alt.suicide.holiday! No, I didn't even *try* to explain the
newsgroup to my listeners. They're used to my getting into bizarre
"moods" and coming up with strange set or show topics. No use wasting
15 minutes of air time trying to explain the inexplicable.

                      SUSPENDED IN GAFFA #99
                       Playlist for 1-27-90
                          USENET Part 2

   *Artist*              *Album*                 *Song*

1  Happy Rhodes         Rhodes Vol.1            Oh The Drears
2  Kate Bush            Lionheart               Coffee Homeground
3  Danielle Dax         Dark Adapted Eye        Yummer Yummer Man
4  Exene Cervenka       Old Wives' Tales        Cocktail Trees
5  Dead Can Dance       Spleen & Ideal          Out of the Depths of Sorrow
6  Voice of the Beehive Let It Bee              Sorrow Floats
7  Anna Domino          L'Amour Fou             Lake
8  Deux Filles          Silence & Wisdom        Mortuary
9  Miriam Makeba        Welela                  Welela
10 Mary Margaret O'Hara Miss America            Body's In Trouble

    (This whole next set is *really* for alt.suicide.holiday)
11 Walter/Wendy Carlos  Clockwork Orange strk.  Suicide Scherzo
12 Dory Previn          Mythical Kings..   Mary C. Brown & the Hollywood Sign
13 I Am Siam            She Went Pop            She Went Pop
14 Rose Maddox          Rose Maddox             Down to the River
15 Cindy Lee Berryhill  Who's Gonna Save the World?  She Had Everything
16 A.C. Marias          One Of Our Girls Has Gone Missing  title track
17 Happy Rhodes         Rearmament              The Perfect Irony
18 Kate Bush            The Kick Inside         The Kick Inside
19 Happy Rhodes         Rearmament              I Have A Heart
20 Mary Coughlin        Tired & Emotional       Lady In Green
21 Mary Kelley          Greetings Five          Goodbye Cruel World
22 Michelle Shocked     When I Grow Up 12"      Goodnight Irene
23 Edie Brickell        Shooting Rubber Bands...Little Miss S
24 Adult Net            Edie 12"                Edie
25 Carmel               Everything But The Drum Rockin' On Suicide
   (End of suicide stuff)

26 Stealin' Horses      EP                      Dyin' By the Gun
27 Sam Phillips         Indescribable Wow       Remorse
28 Young Marble Giants  Colossal Youth          Eating Noddemix
29 Phranc               "Folksinger"            Nogouchi
30 Sonoko               La Debutante            Requiem
31 Bessie Smith         Greatest Blues Singer   Moan, You Mourners

Gee, that was a fun show!
I posted this to alt.suicide.holiday, adding an explaination of each
song. Hope they get a kick out of it.

: Vickie of    Vickie'n'Chris of Kansas City    katefans@world.std.com  :
:                                               VOICE:(816) 561-0846    :
:              "Suspended In Gaffa" 90.1fm                              :
:.......Kansas City's Alternative alternative to boyz with guitarz......: