Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: XTC out of control

From: jsd@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (when you're dreaming, you're alive...)
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 90 20:54:35 -0500
Subject: Re: XTC out of control
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9002021607.AA27546@m.cs.uiuc.edu> mendel@CS.UIUC.EDU (Michael Mendelson) writes:
>One example is Jon Drukman, who writes:
>
>	You are still wrong.  As far as I am aware, English Settlement was
>	NEVER EVER released as two CDs, anywhere in the world.
>
>Well, sorry to disappoint you, Jon, but in fact, *YOU* are still wrong!
>It was released as 2 CDs in England, whence stems all this confusion.

I hate to be a bore and a pedant but I really would like confirmation
of this.  Have you actually seen/held the item in question?  I have
seen zillions of import ES CD's and they were all one disc.  No
discography has ever mentioned this fact.  You'll pardon my
scepticism, just this once, I know.

>So I want to buy the Geffen release of this CD... I recently obtained
>my Noteworthy Music Catalogue (thanks to the person who posted this info,
>I forget who it was), and the Eng. Settlement CD they list says "WB.....",
>which I take to be Warner Brothers.

I think it's more likely that this is Noteworthy's catalog number
because there is no "WB...." on my English Settlement disc anywhere.
It does say that Geffen is a Warner Communications Company though.
The catalog number is 4036-2 though.  No WB.
|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu | "I can say with confidence I know a     |
| \|on |/rukman | jsd@umass.bitnet  |  fair bit about LSD."   -- Dan Rather   |