Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

XTC out of control

From: Michael Mendelson <mendel@cs.uiuc.edu>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 90 10:07:26 -0600
Subject: XTC out of control

Well, I'm sorry for unleashing the recent fury over English Settlement,
but it seems apparent that alot of people were confused about this.
One example is Jon Drukman, who writes:

	>So the definitive word, then, is that the Geffen Domestic release
	>has everything there ever was on English Settlement?  For some reason,
	>I got the impression that the reason the full album was on *two* cds
	>in England rather than just one was because there was more than 77
	>minutes worth... I guess I was incorrect to assume this.
	>
	>If I am still *wrong*, please tell me!  (This is much too confusing.)

	You are still wrong.  As far as I am aware, English Settlement was
	NEVER EVER released as two CDs, anywhere in the world.

Well, sorry to disappoint you, Jon, but in fact, *YOU* are still wrong!
It was released as 2 CDs in England, whence stems all this confusion.

So I want to buy the Geffen release of this CD... I recently obtained
my Noteworthy Music Catalogue (thanks to the person who posted this info,
I forget who it was), and the Eng. Settlement CD they list says "WB.....",
which I take to be Warner Brothers.  Is Geffen owned by WB, or is this yet
another different ES CD (I think the former is more likely, but I'm
not current on Record Company geneology).  This, I assure you, will be the
last mention of ES by me except maybe to say how much I like it when
I finally hear it.  Thanks to all who helped.  We now return you to our
regularly scheduled programme.

-mjm