Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Hedges

From: Gregory John Pfluger <gjp00660@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 90 21:52:01 -0600
Subject: Hedges

I saw the same show and couldn't agree more.  I missed him two years ago
because of other committments, and have regretted it since.  I always
knew he played only solo acoustic guitar, but never really believed it.
Now that I've seen it, I'm still not sure . . .  Incredible.

I heard the comment as I walked out, "It's like watching Michael Jordan
play basketball." A perfect summary.

He calls his playing "Violent Acoustic" or "Heavy Mental," I call it
"Ironic Frenetic Acoustic," but whatever it's called, it's AWESOME.

He's about to hit the studio to finish his next - "TAPROOT" - and will
tour this fall.  Check him out.

If you're interested in a recording, I recomend "Live on the Double Planet"

(Windham Hill WD-1066)

Pflugs