Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate on a Peter Gabriel bootleg

From: well!slf@lll-crg.llnl.gov (Sharon Lynne Fisher)
Date: 15 Jan 90 23:34:50 GMT
Subject: Kate on a Peter Gabriel bootleg
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I bought two Peter Gabriel bootlegs yesterday, Intruder and Without
Frontiers, and was surprised to see (hear?) that Kate was present on two
of the songs from Without Frontiers:  Angel Gabriel and Just Another Day.
Happily, these two songs had the best technical quality of any on the album,
although unhappily they were both clipped a bit at the beginning and the
end, and I didn't think that they were such great songs in the first place.
(Kate's voice is so high that she sounds like she's on helium.)

The record is from The Amazing Kornyfone Record Label/Trademark of Quality
(which have merged), and supposedly there's only 500 copies.  They have no
name, address, or phone number, so I don't have any information I could
give you on how to get your own copy other than to haunt your favorite
record stores.  I paid $17.50 for each of these.

If anyone has more information on either of these albums (the label also
has another Peter Gabriel album, Seascape, which is demos), I'd be
interested in hearing about the history.

By the way, the Without Frontiers album was recorded in 1983 in "Dortmund,"
which I think is in Germany because there's two German Gabriel songs on
it, too.
--
She began coming, making noises like a small animal in pain. "Ouch!
Ow! My paw! Ouch!"