Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Picture of Kate on cover of The Sensual World

From: msriram@cis.ohio-state.edu (M G SriRam)
Date: 10 Jan 90 16:30:23 GMT
Subject: Picture of Kate on cover of The Sensual World

It may be my imagination, or maybe others have noticed this too,
but Kate's eyes seem to be looking directly at you no matter
from which angle you are looking at her in the TSW cover picture.
i observed this after i pinned up the CD cover on my wall. my
wife, an artist, told me that this is a more or less well-known
trick of perspective used often by renaissance painters.

maybe Kate decided to implement this same technique in her
photograph, using appropriate lighting. i wonder...