Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate on Laserdisk

From: jcd@cscosl.ncsu.edu (James Deal)
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 90 16:45:25 GMT
Subject: Kate on Laserdisk
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

For anyone who has a laserdisk player, I have a friend who had ordered _The
Whole Story_ and _Live at the Hammersmith Odeon_ on videodisk.  They have
been ordered about a month so I'm not absolutely sure they will come in, but
from reports from the store (the CD Superstore) they are almost certain that
they WILL come in.  However, the actual amount of time it will take is still
uncertain.  So if you have a player, they would be a good investment
considering they are only costing my friend about $20 each whereas the
videocassette version is $30.

When they come in I will post more particulars about CAV or CLV format,
letterboxing and the like.

Since I only live about 10-20 miles from Durham, I will also check on the
Ladyslipper (was that it's name?) distribution house and see if things can
be bought directly from them (mainly for those in this area).

jcd@cscosl.UUCP                 "She knew exactly what to do..."