Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: usenet@ames.arc.nasa.gov
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 90 13:02:46 PST

To: ames!rec-music-gaffa
From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: Another Recommendation
Date: 4 Jan 90 21:02:45 GMT
Sender: usenet@lll-winken.LLNL.GOV

In article <4268@scolex.sco.COM> tracyr@uunet.uu.net (Irving's Pants and Alterations) writes:

>Speaking of other female vocalists, I heard a very pretty
>Sinead O'Conner song on KITS last nite.  It wasn't on her album
>(Lion and Cobra), nor was it "Still Listening" or "Jump in
>the River".  It was _something different_, and Very
>nice.  I think the d.j. said it was from a movie, but I can't
>remember the movie's name.  Perhaps a one-word title, beginning
>with a "C"???

>Any leads on this one greatly appreciated.

The song you heard was probably "Heroine", which was indeed from a
movie soundtrack, though I forget which one.  I've only seen this on
a hard-to-find twelve inch single.  She plays with The Edge of U2.
In fact, I believe it was The Edge who discovered her, in a somewhat
similar way to that in which Dave Gilmour discovered Kate.

Ed (Edward Suranyi)        | Caption:  "Kate Bush goes from cult fave to
Dept. of Applied Science   |        chart rave."  -- _Billboard_
UC Davis/Livermore         |   (In "Was It A Hit Or A Miss" in the 1985
ed@das.llnl.gov            |          year-end special issue.)