Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Madonna the Anti-Kat

From: jsd@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (The Hairstyle Of The Devil)
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 90 16:35:05 -0500
Subject: Re: Madonna the Anti-Kat
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

John: you have written a very good article here and I agree with most
of your points in it.  I think that a lot of people may have been
misled by my use of the term "repulsive" in describing Madonna et al
in my original posting.  I should've said that it was her music that
was repulsive.  I was trying to make the point that I don't think
Kate's any great shakes at dancing, but she doesn't have to be given
the musical sophistication she possesses.  (To assuage the
flamethrowers I hear being loaded - I LOVE Running Up That Hill - it's
great in every respect - now CHILL OUT!) On the flip side, you have
the Janet Jackson/ Paula Abdul/Madonna triumvirate who are all pretty
decent dancers and/or choreographers.  But I meant to say that the
MUSIC they do sucks doggie dirt.  Maybe I find the video mix of
"Express Yourself" to be a guilty pleasure, but there's just something
about a woman writhing in crass, orgasmic ecstasy on a $500,000 video
set to a Shep Pettibone remix that appeals to the pimpled adolescent
no doubt trapped somewhere in this sleek physique of mine.

All clear?
|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu |      "Suck on this,                     |
| \|on |/rukman | jsd@umass.bitnet  |       planet of noise bimbo!"           |