Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

more on c'est la mort

From: Jon Drukman <jsd@GAFFA.MIT.EDU>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 89 15:22:32 -0500
Subject: more on c'est la mort

Woj's recommendation of AREA is seconded by me...  I just picked up
_Between_Purple_and_Pink_ and it's great.  They do have at least one
other record besides _The_Perfect_Dream_ but the title eludes me for
the moment.

A correction - Doctor Death's Volume 3 is not really "just released" -
it has been available since February 1989.  I got mine just a few
months ago, though.

And one more C'est La Mort recommendation - the group Heavenly Bodies.
Apparently it incorporates some ex-Dead Can Dance personnel.  It
sounded very like your typical floaty 4AD kind of thing.  Their track
on Doctor Death's 3 ("Rains On Me") is excellent.

|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu |      "Suck on this,                     |
| \|on |/rukman | jsd@umass.bitnet  |       planet of noise bimbo!"           |