Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

"The Kick Inside"/"Don't Push..." inquiries...

From: n8344141@unicorn.wwu.edu (paul carpentier)
Date: 10 Mar 90 11:02:51 GMT
Subject: "The Kick Inside"/"Don't Push..." inquiries...
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

While drinking Renton, Washington Coffee, a former KateHouse visitor
asked me if the song "The Kick Inside" was a suicide note, probably
from the perspective of the female who was incestuously impregnated.

He also asked if "Don't Push Your Foot on the Heartbrake", or any part
of it, was about Emma slashing her wrists.

I couldn't answer the questions.  I'll admit, I fall short in lyrics
and interpretation ("It's the sound of her VOICE!"), and was unable
to answer, and he can't get to the net anymore, so if anyone can
help with this, I'll pass on the info to Gary-Q.

Love and Anger,
Paul M Carpentier