Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: Jim Jones <jj%JHUNIX.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 89 15:59:50 EST

 The e-mail software is truely hosed up...  I had to forward this to
 another machine before I could send it to MIT.  If the headers look
 weird, please ignore them.

 -jj

In article <WOMBAT.89Dec28010809@claris.com> you write:

>In article <8912190315.AA12627@clutx.clarkson.edu> woiccare@CLUTX.CLARKSON.EDU
>
>   4) HEX - Made up of Donette Thayer, lately of Game Theory, and Steven Kilby
>      of The Church, this takes the cake for etherialness. Dreamy, swirling

 ..text deleted...

>not as hard-hitting as Game Theory was (is? are they still together?)

 I think Game Theory is still together.  When they played in Baltimore
 last year, it was obvious (to the band at least) that Donette(sp?) was
 distancing herself from the rest of the band.  The performance was
 excellent, but someone (perhaps the bassist w/ the impossible name?)
 said that she wasn't staying with the rest of the band on the tour.
 Steve Kilbey was in the audience and apparently along for most/part
 of the tour.  But, the reason that I think there's more Game Theory
 still to come, with or without Donette, is that Scott Miller (lead
 vocalist) at one point was trying to remember the title of an older
 album and said something like "I can't remember.  I keep thinking of
 what I'm going to call the next one".  He clearly had more music
 planned.  Also, Scott Miller played solo for several songs as part
 of the encour(sp?) during which time I was talking to the bassist.
 He said something to the effect "Game Theory is really Scott's band
 now.  He could get a whole new group together and keep going".  I hope
 that the current lineup continues, but even if there are changes I
 think Game Theory is bound to keep making interesting music for quite
 a while yet.

>Scott Lindsey     |"Cold and misty morning. I heard a warning borne in the air
>Claris Corp.      |    About an age of power when no one had an hour to spare"
>ames!claris!wombat| DISCLAIMER: These are not the opinions of Claris, Apple,
>wombat@claris.com |    StyleWare, the author, or anyone else living or Dead.

 -jj
 Bitnet:   JimJ@JHUVM
 Usenet:   jj@jhunix