Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: user@darkside.com (A Modem User)
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 89 11:36:37 PST
Comments: Crusty Mare Mess

Subject: David Sylvian 5-CD Box Set

Some of you have been asking about the David Sylvian 5-CD Box Set. As far
as I know, it's been out for at least a week. A friend of mind purchased
it "just as soon as it arrived" and showed it to me last Friday, and I
have to admit that it is really NEAT. A beautiful design, in a slightly
different format for a Box set -- no LP-sized deal, like the Sound+Vision
set or the Jethro Tull or whatever... But actually, a relatively compact
23 envelope-style (though not designed by 23 envelope) box with the five
CDs and a very interesting retrospective booklet contained within. The
CDs are, as follows:

Brilliant Trees
Alchemy
Gone To Earth
Gone To Earth (Instrumental)
Secrets Of The Beehive

There is quite a lot to be found here, specifically on the two Gone To
Earth CDs; that is, LOADS of extra tracks. Not to mention some very
exquisite paintings on the CD cases themselves, which, aligned with the
cardboard "sleeves" on the CDs, offers a rather unique 2-plane picture.
Although I'm not exactly a David Sylvian fan, my friend assures me that
the CDs are wonderful and $70 is a fine price to pay for such a marvelous
collection of music. Look for it, because it's out there!

                              -Uzer

user@darkside.COM