Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Another Recommendation

From: Jon Drukman <jsd@GAFFA.MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 89 15:36:39 -0500
Subject: Another Recommendation

I've had this for a while now, but I haven't mentioned it in this forum.

Those interested in Kate and Cocteau Twins and Propaganda and other
synth heavy/female vocal combinations may be interested in a British
duo known as Beautiful Pea Green Boat.  They have a few albums and now
a CD available domestically in America on C'est La Mort records.
(It's called "Still Life").

Heather Wright (the singer) has a very good voice, and she uses it to
wonderful effect.  Ian Williams (the musician) is into heavy synth
arrangements which sometimes have classical stylings.  The drums go
BOOM a lot (although there are some quieter numbers with more subtle
usage).  I think this group will appeal to members of this mailing
list.  Check them out if you're in an adventurous mood.

|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu |      "Suck on this,                     |
| \|on |/rukman | jsd@umass.bitnet  |       planet of noise bimbo!"           |