Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KaTe interview on VH1

From: Jon Drukman <jsd@GAFFA.MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 89 17:34:02 EST
Subject: Re: KaTe interview on VH1
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <3800@orion.cf.uci.edu> Doug Krause <dkrause@orion.oac.uci.edu> writes:
>In article <8912131932.AA01920@mysteron.osf.org> sp@mysteron.osf.org (Simon Patience) writes:
>#	Well I don't know about you guys but I was really disappointed with
>#	last nights KaTe on VH1. The first problem was that it was only half
>#	an hour. The sound quality was dreadful (this might have been my
>#	local cable but I doubt it as the commercials sounded fine :-(
>Not unless two systems are fritzed out.  I'm glad I taped it because I
>kept wondering "what did she just say?" and had to rewind several times.
>So where is "The Big Sky" video from?  I NEEEEED to see the rest!  :-)

My cable station was getting it fine.  The background music while Kate
was talking sounded all messed up, but Kate's voice was fine, and the
soundtracks to the videos was fine as well.

You can see the Big Sky video on the videotape of The Whole Story, I
believe.  TWS is easily rentable, or purchasable for that matter.  If
it isn't on there (and I'm 99% sure it is, despite the song's non-
inclusion on the album/tape/CD) then you're out of luck because The
Hair Of The Hound (the HoL video collection) is not available on NTSC.
You could always buy a multi-standard video setup, or a laserdisc of
course...

|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu |      "Suck on this,                     |
| \|on |/rukman | jsd@umass.bitnet  |       planet of noise bimbo!"           |