Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Has the 7/85 _Keyboard_ interview been posted before?

From: stevev@chemstor.uoregon.edu (Steve VanDevender)
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 89 06:05:26 GMT
Subject: Has the 7/85 _Keyboard_ interview been posted before?
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@cs.uoregon.edu (Netnews Owner)

Recently my brother gave me his copy of the July 1985 _Keyboard_
magazine which features a cover story on Kate Bush.  In the hope
of making my humble contribution to this newsgroup (I don't
consider arguing with Andy or IED a _real_ contribution), can
anyone tell me if this has been posted before?  If not, I would
be willing to type it in (just give me a while, it's long).

The title of the article is "Kate Bush: From Piano to Fairlight
With Britain's Exotic Chanteuse".  The interview has some rather
technical bits since _Keyboard_ seems to be a fairly technical
magazine for keyboard players (my brother was heavily into
synthesizers at the time and was getting the magazine for the
synthesizer info).  There is quite a bit of discussion of the
then most-recent album _The Dreaming_ and some veiled discussion
of the then soon-to-be-released _Hounds of Love_.  Photographs
are by "John Bush" (her brother or her father?).
--
Steve VanDevender 	stevev@chemstor.uoregon.edu
"Bipedalism--an unrecognized disease affecting over 99% of the population.